Monday, October 24, 2011

Where Are My Thoughts?

Clearly, I've needed a break from thinking. Result: zero blogging.

I've been mega busy. Like whoa. It's what I needed- 3 jobs and 2 creative projects that I absolutely love. Any socializing happens within these activities, as I don't have time to do much else. The dishes and the messages and the to-do lists pile up, but who's around to notice?

So I haven't been "thinking" a whole lot. I needed the break. Enough analyzing situations for a while, enough jotting down every brilliant realization, enough waking up in the middle of the night to post something deep and meaningful.

Instead, I've been a far more active facebook status and twitter updater. The word count restriction and informality of the venues have actually liberated me from my busy brain. Just have a little fun, Larissa. I can't sit down and write a blog that would be acceptable to me (present example excluded), but 140 characters to tell the world about how amazing this vegan chocolate cake is (more on that to come)? Yes, I can do that.

I usually believe that slowing down is a good thing. But this time, speeding up has been the better thing. I needed less time to think about things. I needed to just go out and live.

So, if you've been wondering where I've been (and I hope you have!), I've been out and about, doing and living, creating and being. And for now, it's pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...