Saturday, May 21, 2011

Little Girl's Shirt Dress

        Over at MADE, I fell in love with her Shirt Dress. Words cannot describe just how adorable it is. I instantly thought of the two beautiful girls ages 2 and 3 that I'm going to stay with in Mississippi.
         I first raided my dad's closet. Not much luck there but then about 2 weeks ago at a garage sale I found a XL women's shirt for a dollar. It was perfect. 


 I recommend drawing out half a pattern, cut out all but along the center line, fold it over and then trace it and cut out so you get a full pattern. The one on the right is my first try. Hahaha. FAIL.
  If the sleeves seem extremely big, don't worry. It'll all work out.

 Goodness it was a pretty big shirt, but almost not big enough!


Finished. I LOVE it. This one is for the 2 year old. I didn't have any of her clothes to reference so most of it was just an estimation. I had her mom send me some measurements but for things like the sleeves and neckline, I had to guess. I'm not going to Mississippi to see those gorgeous southern belles until June 3rd but I'll definitely take some pictures and post them. For her older sister, I have a denim shirt but I'm a little stumped for a waistband. Any ideas? 

Oh and if anyone would like to volunteer to guest post while I'm on vacation, I'd love to have someone. I've had two bloggers interested so far. But I don't think 2 is enough to fill up 5 weeks. Huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...