Friday, April 22, 2011

Feed Sack into Reusable Bag

As I was feeding my chickens this morning, I went through the last of this bag of feed. I felt an urge to do something with it in honor of Earth Day. I set it in the trash can knowing I'd be back for it. After quite a few minutes of looking for tutorials on how to make a reusable bag out of a feed sack, I finally came across one understandable enough at Backyard Poultry. I followed their directions and here's some pictures if you want to try to make one. Their directions were a little spacy, though.







 Add another inch on for the bottom so it's really 16" by 6 1/4"

 Sewing the bottom is VERY awkward!
 Whoops!
 It's the surprise inside!





 I did make a few mistakes along the way. Sewing through many layers is hard and slowwww.
       It's obviously not perfect but I am proud of myself. If you have any feed sacks left over from anything, GO MAKE ONE! There's nothing better than being able to go show off your stuff at the grocery store. They often give you savings for using your own bags. Less trash, more cash! It's a win-win! I think I might have to make some as gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...