Saturday, June 30, 2012

Oh Yeah, Savannah Guthrie Is Officially The New Ann Curry

While most of the Internet focused all their attention on Katie Holmes' real-life remake of Prison Break yesterday, NBC quietly released a statement confirming the DUH of all DUHs. No, they didn't confirm that when you squeeze Matt Lauer too hard, a fountain of Summer's Eve will shoot out of his mouth. They confirmed that Savannah Guthrie's got Ann Curry's old job now, so get used to it. They made it clear on yesterday's show that Savannah is the new co-host, but they didn't officially announce it on air. It's kind of like when my mom and dad split, and my dad made me hang out with him and his new girlfriend without telling me exactly who she was. It was obvious, though. So yesterday, I looked at Savannah through the screen the same way I looked at my dad's new piece. With eyes that said, "I know why you're here and I don't like it, bitch."

Here's the BLAH BLAH BLAHs the president of NBC News released to The Washington Post and everybody else yesterday:

?As soon as Savannah joined NBC News she was a standout, reporting for every franchise in the news division and rising through the ranks. She has a one-of-a-kind combination of sharp wit and approachability, and our viewers value her journalistic skills and legal background just as much as her humor and charm. She can effortlessly go from interviewing the Secretary of State to jumping Olympic-sized hurdles on the Plaza. I?m thrilled to welcome Savannah as our newest co-anchor, and along with Matt, Al and Natalie, we?ve got the best morning team in the business.?

They probably went with Savannah over Natalie Morales, Hoda Kotb and Tamron Hall, because she's almost like a Katie Couric Lite. Savannah seems nice, is smart, is pretty harmless and non-conterverisal. In other words:

No, that is not me 20 years ago. I'm too basic to pull off lime green tights.

(the basic bitch siren call via Slog

Source: http://www.dlisted.com/2012/06/30/oh-yeah-savannah-guthrie-officially-new-ann-curry

Katherine McPhee Kanye West Carrie Underwood Gael Garcia Bernal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...