Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Who Killed Rodger Rabbit?

This post isn't actually about rabbits.... it's about chickens.


Since my family does have a lot of Mexican blood, we obviously love Mexican food and all things spicy.

So my mom made enchiladas for dinner the next night. We have enchiladas a lot. I don't like them much but let's just say my reaction to these specific enchiladas was a lot worse than the others.
 I spit them right out of my mouth claiming I hated enchiladas... And then my sister did the same... and my mom... and my dad could have gone either way. But we decided there was something wrong with them. We put them back into the pan and grabbed what little leftover food we had. (Don't worry we just went grocery shopping for the first time in 3 weeks).

Anyways, we fed the rest of our enchiladas to our chickens along with the rest of the food scraps we normally feed them.

Well the next day my dad found our little Gracie laying down. She tried to stand up but just couldn't. We moved her into a small cage in our garage since it was raining and she soaking wet.

My dad said "Well she must have had one too many enchiladas." And she really must have since she didn't make it through the night.

And so we decided, it was the enchiladas that killed Gracie.
or possibly some virus that made her weak and sick but enchiladas are a much better story. 


And now I'm off to a babysitting gig, and practice, and then a party. Literally everything had to happen today. I've done just about nothing this whole summer and now today is quite a nice change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...