Of course youtube wouldn't have an actual video for this song, but whatever. Public enemy was always a big favorite of mine, even if I wasn't quite aware of the social issues they railed against. As a white kid living in suburbia I guess I wasn't quite grounded in inner city struggles. Chuck D is the most underrated, under-appreciated rapper of his generation. And guess what kids, before Flava Flav was a walking joke of an STD on VH1, he was a major part of the smartest rap group in the game. This track was one of the few new songs on their Greatest Misses album and it was always my personal favorite. I know, I could have done one of their more popular songs (Give It Up, with it's awesome satire of rap's image on MTV, or Bring the Noise, their popular rap metal mashup from the Judgement Day soundtrack), but this, unlike most of the other videos posted in this space was more personal love than the 'we' the title typically implies.
No comments:
Post a Comment