Wednesday, May 30, 2012

5 Minute Ribbon Holder

The other day I was cleaning my craft room and realized just how much ribbon I had. I finally had enough to make some sort of a ribbon holder. Gasp. Every crafter's dream. Not really but it's been on my "to do" list for a while. So I finally set to it. 

I found a dowel at the hardware store for around 60 cents. I had my dad cut it into 2 pieces on his big fancy saw. 
Then I drilled two holes using a drill press on a block of wood and sanded the dowels and the block.
 I added a little bit of wood glue to the holes, and stuck the dowels in. A few coats of paint and about 10 minutes for drying time I was done. The longest part was painting it which I didn't necessarily have to do so that's why the title is only "5 minute" instead of 10.


My OCD kicks in when I notice that the two ends aren't even. I think that happened when the dowel was cut in half. Oh well. They do say measure twice, cut once for a reason!

 Here it is in it's new home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...