Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ho ho ho ho!

Linux mint 12 has dropped!

It's quite lovely, I must say. Mint has been growing in popularity for a while now. It's based on the Ubuntu kernel, so you know it's going to be very user friendly and stable. I like it because you can completely strip it down. It has the same synaptic packet manager, so you can find all the same software and it's just as easy to install as Ubuntu. They've just cut out all the fat (fuck you, Ubuntu Unity). I dropped it on my MacBook with Parallels, which was easy as fuck, because Parallels supports Ubunut, so just select that and you get all the integration features. Jamboree!



Mint is also very visually appealing, and it has tons of video and audio integration with Banshee media player. As will all versions of linux, you can run it on the bare minimum resources and still expect ludicrous speeds. I have mine running on 1gig of ram on a 4gig partition and it's just as fast as my Mac OS X. Last night I loaded the latest Chromium (not Chrome) browser build on it and it actually runs faster and smoother than Chrome does on my MacBook. Thanks Linux, you really make me feel at ease when I'm surfing places I shouldn't be (xnxx, 4chan, msnbc, etc.)...

So, if you've got an old laptop sitting around, or you're tired of viruses, give Mint a try...or, just go fuck yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...