Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Watch Gap Get Buyer's Remorse


Well, my Kindle Fire is set to be delivered today. I listed my iPad on ebay and that should more than cover the cost of the Fire. I decided to sell the iPad after the iOS 5 upgrade, which essentially renders 1st gen iPads useless. Safari crashes constantly and it's slow as fuck. Thanks, Apple. I'm not really too keen on blowing a lot of money on an official tablet. I have a MacBook that handles my daily computing and work...I really just need something small that allows me to access books, music, movies, and browse the web.

The Fire does all of that and the Prime membership looks promising as a replacement for stupid Netflix. Most of the complaints about the Fire are related to lag, which the iPad has in spades now. So, I'm not too concerned with a little lag that will probably be addressed in future software updates. Navigation is also a concern for some on the Fire. I've watched many reviews and for the most part, people are whining about the "shelf" design. Yeah, that would get cumbersome if you had a shitload of media...I'm a simple man. I have a few albums that I like and I don't rent a lot of movies.

My only worry is that Amazon will dump support for this if it doesn't continue to take off. They're technically not making a lot of money by selling the Fire, they're hoping to make all their money on rentals, prime memberships, etc. Good for them. I hope it works. This healthy competition will only lead to better tablets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...